Rachel began her legal career in 2005 working as a paralegal in a construction law firm assisting in substantial international construction contract disputes. From there she held various part-time and contract positions in corporate city firms while completing her law degree.
With expertise across a broad range of legal matters, Rachel utilises her demonstrated technical skills to focus on estate planning, estate administration, family law and litigation.
Rachel is able to combine her extensive experience and elite level of knowledge with a warm and personal approach to her clients. Her ability to share clear explanations of often complex issues along with her strong negotiation and communication skills makes her the legal representative of choice for many clients on Sydney’s Northern Beaches.
With a newly established office in Gosford, the firm now represents clients on the Central Coast.
Her past work covers civil and commercial litigation, wealth protection, drafting complex wills, trusts, binding financial agreements, property consent orders and advice on business structures. Rachel also has experience helping clients with family provision claims, powers of attorney and guardianship matters.
Prior to founding Carter O’Neill, Rachel was director of GP Legal in Dee Why, working for private and business clients in family and estate litigation matters.
Professional Qualifications and Memberships:
- Bachelor of Laws (University of Technology, Sydney)
- Bachelor of Arts – English, Government and International Relations and Philosophy (University of Sydney)
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
- Admitted Solicitor, Supreme Court of NSW and High Court of Australia
- Legal Practice Management Course
- Member of the Law Society NSW
- Member of the Central Coast Law Society
- Member of the Northern Beaches Law Society
- Member of the Family Law Section, Law Council of Australia
- Member of the Mona Vale Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Gosford Erina Business Chamber
- Member of the Hunter Valley Family Law Practitioners Association
Select Cases (as instructing solicitor and solicitor advocate)
- Marrow & Periwinkle  FamCA 637 – Family Law – Parental Responsibility – Where both parents seek that they have sole parental responsibility for the children – agreed family violence – children live with Mother -children spend no time with Father
- Rodi v Gelonesi  NSWCA 348 – Commercial Litigation – Successful dismissal of costs variation Application
- Hilton & DFCS  FamCA 965 – International Family Law – Hague Convention Proceedings – Successful Stay Application for the Mother
- Gough & Martin  FamCA 77 – Family Law – Father successful in Contravention Application – no reasonable excuse for contraventions established by the mother
- Church v Mason  NSWSC 1489,  NSWCA 481 –Estate Law – knowledge and approval in probate
- Rodi v Gelonesi  NSWCA 424 – Commercial Litigation- Successful dismissal of Appeal
Call our Mona Vale office on 02 9151 7339
Call our Gosford office on 02 4308 8892